James Caviezel, Frequency
Below is the domestic box office take of James Caviezel's films, whether in leads or supporting roles, released from 2004 to the present (via Box Office Mojo). Could that be one important reason producers have shied away from him?
- Highway Men (2004), $371k
- The Passion of the Christ (2004), $370.78m
- Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius (2004), $2.69m
- The Final Cut (2004), $551k
- I Am David (2004), $288k
- Madison (2005), $517k
- Unknown (2006), $26k
- Deja Vu (2006), starring Denzel Washington, $64.03m
- Outland (2009), $166k
- The Stoning of Soraya M. (2009), $637k
Caviezel's pre-2004 films — including supporting roles — generally performed much better perhaps because he was usually partnered with bigger names, including Jennifer Lopez, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey, Helen Hunt, and Dennis Quaid. Even so, none of his movies could be called a blockbuster. Titles from 1998 to 2002 are listed below:
Note: figures not adjusted for inflation.
Photo: Frequency (New Line)