Demián Bichir applauded: Oscar Nominees Luncheon 2012
Best Actor Oscar nominee Demián Bichir is seen above at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' 2012 Oscar Nominees Luncheon held in Beverly Hills on Monday, Feb. 6, 2012. Among those applauding Bichir are Jean Dujardin, Michel Hazanavicius, Janet McTeer, Meryl Streep, Brad Pitt, and Glenn Close.
Best Actor nominees
Demián Bichir's competition for the 2012 Best Actor Academy Award consists of the following:
- George Clooney for Alexander Payne's family drama The Descendants.
- Brad Pitt for Bennett Miller's baseball drama Moneyball.
- Gary Oldman for Tomas Alfredson's spy drama Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
- Jean Dujardin for Michel Hazanavicius' silent comedy-drama The Artist.
Dujardin was this year's Best Actor SAG Award winner. Clooney and Dujardin won Golden Globes, respectively, in the Best Actor - Drama and Best Actor - Comedy or Musical categories. The Best Actor Oscar race will be between these two.
Demián Bichir movies
The Mexican-born Demián Bichir is a well-known stage, film, and television performer in his native country. Among his film credits are:
- Steven Soderbergh's Che: Part One and Che: Part Two, as Fidel Castro.
- Juan Carlos Valdivia's Mexican-Bolivian crime drama American Visa (2005).
- Max McGuire's Foreverland (2011), opposite Thomas Dekker, Juliette Lewis, and Max Thieriot.
Bichir's next movie is Oliver Stone's Savages, featuring John Travolta, Taylor Kitsch, Salma Hayek, Uma Thurman, Aaron Johnson, Blake Lively, Benicio Del Toro, Emile Hirsch, Trevor Donovan, Avatar's Joel David Moore, and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2's Mia Maestro.
Image of Jean Dujardin, Glenn Close, et al. applauding Demián Bichir at the 2012 Oscar Nominees Luncheon: Greg Harbaugh / © A.M.P.A.S.
Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (A.M.P.A.S.) website.