Natalie Portman: ‘Jackie’ Kennedy fashion in upcoming Pablo Larraín movie
Notwithstanding the box office-friendly Thor movies, which revolve around Chris Hemsworth in the title role, Natalie Portman has yet to have a star vehicle as impactful as Darren Aronofsky’s Black Swan, which earned her the Best Actress Academy Award nearly five years ago. Who knows, perhaps Pablo Larraín’s Jackie will be one such vehicle.
Following U.S. First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy a.k.a. Jackie Kennedy in the days after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, the biopic is slated for a 2017 release. The image above is the film’s official “first look,” initially posted at Deadline.com.
‘Jackie’ movie cast and director
Besides Natalie Portman, the Jackie film cast includes:
Peter Sarsgaard as Robert Kennedy.
Max Casella. Beth Grant. Greta Gerwig.
Jackie is to become Chilean filmmaker Pablo Larraín’s first English-language feature. Larraín, whose The Club is Chile’s submission for the 2016 Best Foreign Language Film Academy Award, has another movie coming out prior to Jackie: Neruda, starring Gael García Bernal and Luis Gnecco (as Pablo Neruda).
Darren Aronofsky and Juan de Dios Larraín are the two credited producers, while Noah Oppenheim (The Maze Runner, The Divergent Series: Allegiant) is the credited screenwriter.
Jacqueline Kennedy movies
Prior to Natalie Portman, actresses who have portrayed (the adult) Jackie Kennedy in the big or small screen include the following:
- Jacqueline Bisset, as a fictionalized version of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, in J. Lee Thompson’s The Greek Tycoon (1978), and then again as the real Jacqueline Kennedy in Eric Laneuville’s TV movie America’s Prince: The John F. Kennedy Jr. Story (2003).
- Jaclyn Smith in Steve Gethers’ TV movie Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy (1982).
- Jodie Farber in Oliver Stone’s JFK (1991).
- Jeanne Tripplehorn in Michael Sucsy’s TV movie Grey Gardens (2009).
- Katie Holmes in Jon Cassar’s TV miniseries The Kennedys (2011).
- Minka Kelly in Lee Daniels’ The Butler (2013).
- Ginnifer Goodwin in Nelson McCormick’s TV movie Killing Kennedy (2013).
Natalie Portman movies
Besides Jackie, upcoming Natalie Portman movies – and movie projects – include the following:
- Gavin O’Connor’s Jane Got a Gun.
Cast: Ewan McGregor. Rodrigo Santoro. Noah Emmerich. Boyd Holbrook. Alex Manette. Todd Stashwick. Joel Edgerton. Sam Quinn. James Burnett.
- Rebecca Zlotowski’s Planetarium.
Cast: Louis Garrel. Lily-Rose Melody Depp.
- An Untitled Terrence Malick Project.
Cast: Michael Fassbender. Cate Blanchett. Ryan Gosling. Rooney Mara. Christian Bale. Haley Bennett. Boyd Holbrook. Val Kilmer. Holly Hunter. Benicio Del Toro.
- Alex Garland’s Annihilation.
Cast: Gina Rodriguez. Frances McDormand.
- The omnibus dramatic comedy The Heyday of the Insensitive Bastards.
Cast: James Franco. Kate Mara. Amber Tamblyn. Matthew Modine. Kristen Wiig. Thomas Mann.
Other Natalie Portman movie projects listed on the IMDb:
- On the Basis of Sex.
- Best Buds.
- Important Artifacts and Personal Property from the Collection of Lenore Doolan and Harold Morris, Including Books, Street Fashion, and Jewelry.
Natalie Portman Jackie Kennedy image: Fabula / Protozoa Pictures.
Why no mention of her film debut in directing, from the book THE TIME OF LOVE AND DARKNESS? In which she also stars. It’s in Hebrew